Monday, January 5

YO with a sideways E

Today I got a late Christmas present. It was late because Kelson left it in his backpack over the Christmas break. We didn't worry too much about what was in the kids' backpacks over the long holiday, but this morning we found this gift and some other interesting things.

The best was this gift. The worst was the rotting, mold growing through the zipper, oozing banana in Kara's lunchbox. There are no pictures of the banana because we were all sick from the sight and I don't want to see it again.
Back to the gift..... Kelson made me this great self portrait frame. He did it at school. I love it. The best part was opening it and using my imagination to figure out how all of the parts had meaning. The top says YO, and then there is a sideways E. I noticed it sort of looked like maybe he spelled "YOM". He did. And what does in stand for you ask? It is short for "Yo Momma" :)
I've heard him say that to me before, but I didn't really know he felt like it was the way he wanted to address me on his personal Christmas Gift. Apparently, it's meant to be loving. I'll take it!
Next, the white candies on the top corners. There are still the typical red stripes you see on peppermints, but the fronts looked so glossy white. He explained that he wanted them to be plain white so he licked them til they were and then glued them on. Oooh, " that's nice too" I thought.
And the red candies on the bottom corners, they were decorated with a little extra color - from an ink pen. Hmmm, nice touch I guess?
Anyway, I just found a lot of humor (he his a humorous kid) in this late, but very thoughtful gift! I don't want to forget it. I also thought it might bring a smile to someone else's face. Kids make life interesting for sure!

3 comments:

Randi said...

Very cute and endearing!

We found some interesting items in our backpacks, too. Like you, we didn't pay them much attention until the night before they returned. Nothing rotting, tho, thankfully.

Greg and Heather said...

Funny! He's creative like his mother!

H and E said...

Ha ha that is so cute! Thanks for sharing!