Saturday, January 17

Miss Persistent

Dear Miss Persistent,

I just wanted to let you know how much I think your begging abilities could turn into a positive when you get older and you begin your debate classes. It is great to see that you make sure that the question you have or the desires you want get my full attention. You do not let down. Here at our house, we notice when you want something, we really do. It seems like we don't always meet your expectations and Im hoping in the long run it's teaching you patience. When you wanted me to take you to get your "free super reader pizza" at Pizza Hut tonight, you made it clear that you wanted to go NOW. Im sorry it turned out that we just had Pizza Hut last night and it wasn't on the schedule to go again tonight. Good job for making it very clear - that was what you wanted. I would've mistaken it for just a silly idea had you not whined, bawled, and repeatedly mentioned it over and over again. I promise you that your dad really will take you to use your pizza coupon next week . It was not clear whether you understood that he will take you, just not tonight.

For all your persistent moments, I thank you! You are sure to never let down and are very great at bargaining and coming up with great compromises. I never knew there were so many options to make it so you could possibly get your way. Im sorry if none of those options are possible at times. Believe me, they are still good options. In all, we love you Miss Persistent. It's really quite a talent you have and it keeps us on our toes. Keep up the good work and we'll continue to learn from your great debating skills.
Love,
The Mr. and Mrs.
p.s. nothing is cuter than our 6 yr old perstistent Kara



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bless her heart....she just really wanted that pizza. How cute is that little story. Makes me want to enjoy the moments my kids can't talk!! Cute new back ground!

Greg and Heather said...

AMEN!!! I've got one of those too! I'm sure that he'll be a debator or lawyer someday. He does NOT give up. I'll admit sometimes I do give in just to get him to let up!

H and E said...

Good thing she is so cute, you can't help but do what she wants!