I wish I didn't feel so overwhelmed by the beginning of my return to the blog. After all, this is the only scrapbook my kids will have. I HAVE to get in gear and keep up some of our family life happenings.
So, bit by bit the blog will get updated. Amazing details of events, milestones and our not so glamorous life are upcoming. Well, I think they are amazing...but if you read this you might find them amazing too.
Because I haven't posted since my kids were sent off to school in 2010, I need to first announce that they started school again in 2011. I took pictures, sent them off and enjoyed having all of them in school....even if the littlest one was only gone 1/2 day.
KELSON ---------> 7th grade


And what was I doing while they were all at school? I was also going to school. I went back to school to get a bachelors in dental hygiene in May of 2010, and as you can see I have since graduated. YAY ME!
I wasn't sure if it was time for me to go back to school yet, but as it worked out I was going back - accepted to the program, able to get some financing, and luckily Dan was ready to be Mr. Mom so that it could happen.
It was a tough 20 months. I was not prepared for how difficult it would be and I did not prepare for the amount of stress I would feel as a wife and mother of 4. However, I did not look back but, when I look back now, I see that it was so quick and so worth it. Laraine Hartle BSDH, RDH.
Another post is in order to explain all the tasks and horrors of attending a high demand accelerated dental hygiene program. Whew
And what else happened over the past 18 months?:
(things I intend to blog about)
*Kara broke her arm (again)
*Devri made it onto the Timpanogos High School Soccer team AS A FRESHMAN :)
*Kelson began playing on the Rangers in a competitive league
*Owen learned how to ride a bike, read, play soccer, and is going to be the next Steven Covey (let's just say he's a planner)
*Kara was baptized
*Kelson turned 12 and is a Deacon
*Devri recently became eligible for a learner's driving permit
*We sold our house and moved
*Bought a camp trailer....so I won't fear the bears so much anymore
*Dan and I went on a cruise, our first one, to the Bahamas and it was COLD
*Christmas 2010 and 2011 were both successful, and 2011 was full of electronic gifting
*I began losing interest in crafting and creating.....and haven't gotten it back yet!
SCHOOL RUINED ME :(
*Visited Las Vegas and St. George twice since my 2010 post for soccer tournaments
*Devri grew taller than me
*More apprehensive than ever about not having a "little" boy in the house for much longer...my kids are all growing up so quickly.
If it takes another year to get all of this in here, I will get it done! Small bites, right?



3 comments:
School didn't ruin you! It changed you! I can't believe Devri is taller than you. This is Jill, by the way.
Oh Im so glad your back!!! I've been missing your life! Hello, you MOVED and I don't even know? What a friend am I. Can we PLEASE do lunch one day and catch up? I miss you much! So proud of you going back to school! Love you tons!
Charlyn, I miss you too. Don't be surprised that you didn't know we moved, it actually happened quite fast and right during the holidays. Yes, Yes, Yes we can do lunch. I need to see your cute kids :)
Post a Comment