Tuesday, October 21

Summer Vacation in October


We are back and you may not have even known we left. The family took a little (okay it was big) trip to Hawaii. We stayed on the island of Maui and basically turned our poor kids into fish. The highlight of the trip.... SWIMMING!! It was good for us (parents) because we could try sitting in a lounge chair and really feel like we were vacationing. But then again we had a two year old who was less than mildly entertained by the 2ft. "kiddie pool" and wanted to spend time in the "big pool" with the older kids. That kept us from sitting for too long. At the beach Kara was sure the "sea was going to swallow her brother" and kept a close eye on him preventing her from playing like a child normally would. Is this the same kid who on a usual day would seem like she would want her brother to be evaporated into the ocean? Im not sure where the protective side came from? It is great to take swimming trips because we find they require less expensive entertainment-water is an all day free ticket to play. Getting to Hawaii on the other hand was more than a gallon or two of gas. We had a blast!
Memories were made, we came home a little darker skinned and
best of all it was good enough we would do it again!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Arah Debra said...

Fun! I had no idea you guys were even gone. I'm glad you guys had such a good time.

H and E said...

Ok I am officially really jealous right now, I absolutely love Hawaii and it has been far too long since I have been there! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Randi said...

I'm jealous too! Hawaii? That sounds divine. And what FAB parents you are for taking the kids. I've always wanted to do a family vaca there...but not until the kids are older. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Unknown said...

Oh so jealous am I! How does it feel to be so tan while we are all white. Looks like a great trip.

Sara said...

Wow! I'm jealous. That looks like so much fun! Nice warm weather the end of October, how would it be. Someday!