Sunday, August 24

Elementary KIDZ

Okay, now that I've leveled out my celebration of the "kids being at school", I thought I should post how fashionably ready they were to go. Of course both of the girls cared quite a bit about the clothes they got for school. Kelson however, just requested as usual, that I pick something out for him....he doesn't really care. He wore what I picked and so he must have liked it? Devri, 6th grade, comment after first day of school "It was really great! I just sit in front of this kid who blows on the back of my head and slides his papers up until they are rubbing the back of my neck. Im seriously sick of it already.



Kelson, 4th grade, comment first day of school: "It was fun. I have this new kid in my class though, he's so bad. Our teacher almost pulled his card on the first day" (a card is a discipline technique) Now, I realize you might be thinking "Kelson is missing an eye?" Well, we are battling amblyopia, an eye condition more common than I was aware of. If he wants to be at all functional in the sports world of boys, he must wear this patch over his eye daily until we strengthen the muscles in the other eye. NOT FUN

Kara, 1st grade, comment on the first day of school: " I loved it! I didn't get to eat all my lunch though. There was this kid in my class who peed his pants too."

Now, Im saying, "Did my kids really enjoy their first day of school, or were they just preoccupied with thoughts about what other kids do at school?" Maybe sitting in a controlled environment made them think more about what was happening around them. They were so used to care free summer. Now it's over :)

5 comments:

Greg and Heather said...

Very stylish! You did good--I forgot to take Caleb's pic. Oops!
Heather

H and E said...

OH they look so cute! I loved going back to school just for the clothes, I love their comments, where do they come up with this stuff!

Unknown said...

How cute are they!! Don't you wish you still got a new wardrobe for when school starts. Those were the days. I remember not being able to sleep, so excited dreaming about the outfit I was going to wear.

Kindy said...

Darling little Hartles! Kara's hair is so grown up and cute on her! They are so hilarious, too...

Sara said...

Your kids look so cute in their new outfits. I took pictures of my kids too, with my disposable camera that I haven't developed yet. I'm waiting for my husband to buy me a new camera.
I saw your mom in Macey's today. I said Hi but I don't think she had any clue who I was:)